Learn more about plants in microgravity and build your K-12 Bitmoji classroom for your virtual field trip to the International Space Station!
A student ticket is only $10 and includes a student kit for distance learning. No purchase necessary.
One @Astro_moji candidate will be selected as the ExoLab-8 Mission Specialist and represented as a space-themed Bitmoji sticker that flies on the mission. Other @Astro_moji candidates may be selected for other mission roles.
Open to any Educator, Teacher, Librarian, or Docent from around the world. Official rules here
Order your student tickets for the mission which begins in January with a launch to the International Space Station in February 2021.
No purchase necessary to submit your application!
Each Student Ticket includes access to live data and images during the mission, a classroom platform with lessons for primary, middle, or high school, along with a kit for at home student research.
|LMS subscription with NGSS lessons|
|1||Trifolium pratense (red clover) seeds|
|1||3ml disposable pipettes|
|1||3x/6x magnifying glass|
|1||Pair of Gloves|
Be sure to enter the number of kits you want for your class.
Learn how to apply to send your Bitmoji to Space…
@Astro_moji Candidate Selection Process:
- Use the keyword “liftoff” to search for space-theme stickers once you have an avatar in the Bitmoji app.
- Create an out of this world Bitmoji classroom. Learn how with the Bitmoji Craze for Educators. Save your slide as an image file.
- Complete the form and upload the image of your Bitmoji classroom.
- Publicly post on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram about sending your @Astro_moji to space. Be sure to include a space-themed Bitmoji sticker in the post and tag @Astro_moji and #bitmojisinspace.
- Order supplies to conduct the companion ground experiment to be part of this virtual field trip, though there is no purchase required to apply.
Bitmoji classroom image samples: